Thursday, June 17, 2010

Team Horleys - Alex Simays

Alex Simays - Bodybuilder









 
Personal Info
Some facts about Alex:
He was born in the Netherlands and moved to New Zealand when he was three.
Married to Leanne, who he credits as one of the main reasons he loves the sport of bodybuilding due to her passion for helping people and incredible knowledge as a Nutrition Consultant.
He loves motorbikes and fits in Motocross around all his training.




 
Sporting Achievement
2009 - Overall Winner, NABBA Mr NZ
2007 - Overall Winner, INBA Taupo
2006 - 1st heavy weight class, Musclemania Australia
2006 - 2nd Int’l Men, International Pro-am
2005 - 1st Gold Class & Overall men, Musclemania Australia
2005 - 2nd Open Men, Nationals
2005 - 1st Open & Overall men, International Pro-am
2005 - 1st Open & Overall men, South Pacific Naturals
2005 - 1st Open & Overall men, Waikato
2002 - 2nd Open Men, Nationals
2002 - 2nd Open Men, South Pacific Naturals
2002 - 1st & Overall Men  Manawatu
2002 - 4th Open Men  Counties Manakau
2001 - 1st Novice Men, Counties Manakau
2000 - 4th Juniors,  Natural Olympia
2000 - 2nd Juniors, Natural Worlds
2000 - 1st Juniors, South Pacific Naturals
2000 - 1st Juniors, Counties Manakau
1999 - 2nd Juniors, South Pacific Naturals
1999 - 1st Juniors, Bay of Plenty


Biggest achievement so far:2005 Musclemania Australia - Winning my first international event.



Favourite Horleys Product
Fav Product: RIPPED FACTORS

Reason: The quality is the best.  The powder is fine and quckly absorbed, it is perfect for getting ripped and lean.  Also the added benefits of the fat burners and amino acids are exactly what my stubborn fat need.

Also, the Carb Less bars are far too addictive!


Approach to training and nutrition?Nutrition is number one and I follow this far too strictly I have been told.
I eat seven meals a day religiously (three from shakes).
My training is always intense and I always focus myself on what I am there for and give my all.
If I can walk down the stairs after a leg day I have not gone hard enough. I probably and have been told also, that I over train :-)
I weight train six days a week and cardio three to four when not competing and everyday when dieting.
Weights and cardio are for one hour.

I have always given my utmost in training and diet, I have learnt that the crash diet of 12 weeks does not work and that you need to make a lifestyle of your diet and eat clean all year. This is a must for any natural person wanting to be better year by year.
I don’t think I can stop as I love the discipline and each year having a new goal of being better than last. The attitude of winning has gone now and now it is a challenge for me to be better than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment